Devotion and Communion on the Church Lawn
Greetings Church Family!
I will be leading a morning devotion and communion service on the church lawn on the first Sunday of each month.
I know that being away from your church home on Sunday mornings has been really disruptive for some. My hope is that this time together, while not perfect, will be a meaningful time of connection with each other and with God.
Here are some things you should know about this very special gathering:
- the content of our time together will mirror our online content for that Sunday so that those who are unable to attend or are not ready for larger public gatherings will not suffer. If you choose to continue to worship with your church family online on Sundays, you won’t be missing anything.
- the Sunday Morning Devotion will take place in a shaded area outside the sanctuary. It will be 30-45 minutes in length so we can take advantage of the cooler morning temperatures.
- there will be no nursery or childcare provided, but “busy bags” will be available for any children in attendance.
If you plan on attending, we ask that you would
1. Let us know you’re coming by RSVP’ing here (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4EAFA829A4F94-communion). While it is not mandatory for attendance, your RSVP will help us better prepare enough communion elements.
2. Bring a lawn chair if you’d like to sit.
3. Maintain proper 6 ft. physical distancing between family groups.
4. Wear a mask. Masks will be required while attending except for while you are receiving communion.
If you have any questions regarding this new gathering, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grace & Peace,